Published on 12/19/2020
Published by firstname.lastname@example.org
When it comes to concrete - Plan ahead
How poor planning leads to concreting chaos
Members of the public often think buying concrete is like picking up a pizza, or dialling in some takeaway whenever you feel like it. You just choose from a menu, add some extra’s and whammo, here’s your concrete.
Yet unless you plan ahead, and work out exactly when you would like to conduct your concrete pour, together with how much concrete you need, disaster can strike at any given time. For concrete doesn’t just appear an hour after you have ordered, it. Often you have to book days, if not weeks ahead, to order the concrete you need, when you need it. And if you leave it too late, without appropriate measurements, you may find ordering concrete can become very costly. For small loads, loads on Saturday's or loads after hours are expensive. And pouring concrete to late in the day in the heat of summer can prove expensive to. Concrete reacts in the heat of the day, and not favourably.
Points to note when ordering concrete :
1. You need to book in your concrete pour at least a week ahead of time, to ensure your obtain the time-slot you need, when all your concreters and concrete pump (if required) are available,
2. Make sure to measure your slab carefully to ascertain how much concrete you require. Additional loads may take hours to arrive, given how busy concrete plants often are. Whilst small loads (i.e., loads under 4 cubic metres come with expensive small load fees),
3. Dont return concrete if possible to the concrete plant. Disposal, tipping or concrete dumping fees are often in excess of $300
4. Communicate effectively with your concrete supplier. Let them know of any on site issues, of any changes to your concrete pour or if any additional concrete is required, in advance, as opposed to the last minute, and
5. If you aren’t experienced when it comes to conducting a concrete pour, ask a concrete professional. Concrete suppliers such as Concrete Shopper can provide you with all the assistance you require before and during your concrete pour.
So plan ahead. Don’t leave it to the last minute to organise and schedule your upcoming concrete pour. You won’t regret it.
Check in with concretebroker's dozen before your next concrete pour. Before it's too late.
Concrete broker looks at how to make sure your next pour runs smoothly.
concrete shopper offers you the public the ability to shop around for concrete online and purchase ready mix concrete near you at great prices. We have access to all the major suppliers in your area and are only a phone call away when you require assistance
Experience the difference
Concrete Shopper has access to over 500 concrete plants in Australia
Tags: concrete concrete pour concrete project ordering concrete
This article was written by email@example.com all rights reserved. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of concretebroker.com