Akela Constructions & Civil
Rate and Review Business
Unit 5, 140 Millaroo Drive
Helensvale Queensland 4212
Akela Constructions is a locally owned and operated building company servicing the Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, with over 10 years experience and strong industry reputation. Akela Constructions and Civil have the design, construction and project management expertise that your building and civil projects need. We are specialists in working with Government Facilities and local authorities. We also service corporate, retail and residential clients.
Civil Building companies Civil Project companies Commercial builders Project management companies
Akela Construction & Civil has a reputation of quality workmanship. Our experience managing large-scale building projects means we know how to maximise time and cost efficiencies – which means your building project is finished on time, on budget and according to your expectations.
Why Choose Us
The Director of Akela Construction & Civil is himself an experienced builder and carpenter, who ensures the company delivers project management expertise, experienced tradespeople, a professional and consultative client relationship, with quality work and site cleanliness guaranteed.
Our Client Base
Civil Building companies Commercial Individuals Local councils Local government councils Residential
More on Us
Akela Constructions is a locally owned and operated building company servicing South-East Queensland and Northern NSW. We are specialists in working with Government Facilities and local authorities. We also service corporate, retail and residential clients.
Please see our Capability Statement for more information.
Pimpana State School Front Entry
Akela Constructions worked with the school to create this with a rendered block wall entry, metal gates, and new plants and trees to make an attractive entry and uniform pathway towards the school. This replaced the existing low wire front fence, cracked footpath and hedging.
Coombabah State High School Arts Block Refurbishment
Akela refurbished the Art Block that was old and needed more space and storage. The work was to improve teaching conditions and make it more open and functional.
The feedback from the school was “What a difference! I’m so excited to promote the Visual Arts and teach in such a dynamic space.”
Project Management & Design Services
We offer clients design services to optimise project satisfaction and streamline certification, approval and regulatory processes.
Akela Contructions can take a project from concept to completion with our project management experience.
Engaging Akela Constructions as Project Manager ensures your project:
- Will be handled with the highest degree of skill and professionalism
- Will have a carefully staged design and construction process
- Will result in overall client satisfaction that exceeds expectations
Akela Constructions has over ten years’ experience delivering all kinds of commercial building projects from large-scale construction of new facilities to minor building works.
Akela Constructions is a registered builder with the Queensland Government, and currently holds:
* PQC (Pre-Qualified Contractor) Level 2
* DETE-SOA 101232 Asset Maintenance Approved Builder
* BAS SOA-0914SEQ Unplanned Maintenance & Minor Upgrade Services Approved Builder
We work closely with Schools, Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) and other Departmental clients and local authorities to provide high quality design, building and project management services. We specialise in the following areas:
* New Projects & Extensions
* Facilities maintenance and upgrade work
* Project Management
* Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) Compliance
Akela Constructions accepts and takes on projects through direct to market work, standard quote and tender procurement processes and through our DETE SOA for Asset Maintenance.
Commercial & Retail
Akela Constructions undertakes work for a range of Commercial and Retail clients, so contact us to discuss your project: (07) 5500 0035
We provide commercial and retail fitout and building services in the following areas:
- * Factory fit outs
- * Retail and office fit outs
- * Signage, Flooring, Seating
- * Landscaping, decking, playgrounds
- * Kitchens, bathrooms, boardrooms, reception/ administration
- * Customised designs
- * Design and project management
- * General building works
Akela Constructions stays up-to-date with the construction industry by attending regular BSA and Master Builders seminars. Our compliance certifications include:
- * QBCC Licence Number 1101692 (Queensland)
- * Master Builders Member (Queensland)
- * PQC number 3100 (for Queensland Government projects)
- * Blue Cards
- * Working With Children Check (QLD’s Blue Card system) for all employees
- * Asbestos Removal – Akela Constructions holds a Type B Asbestos Licence and ensures appropriate compliance with procedures
- * Environmental / safety compliance
- * Quality assurance
- * Public Liability Insurance
- * Professional Indemnity Insurance
Our focus is on getting your job done right the first time.
So get started with your specialised project today - Email us for a QUOTE